Forsyth Residential Lettings
13 Killeen Crescent, Malahide, Co. Dublin K36 YD74
PRSA Licence No. 002955
What We Do
- Find and suitable tenant, verbally approve this tenant with the owner and take up suitable references along with a security deposit - normally the equivalent of one
month’s rent in advance on behalf of the owner.
- Please note that we are required by law to have a jointly signed letter of engagement, along with proof of ID from Landlords, proof of residence and proof of the property – ie mortgage statement, bill with property address on it, solicitors letter etc.
If/when paid advertising is required the owner is liable for the cost of such advertising. BER certs. must be provided prior to advertising.
- The owner should provide an inventory of contents of the property along with whatever number of sets of keys the tenants require and make sure that the property is ready for the tenant(s) on their move in date. A list of “useful contacts” is contained on our web page www.spiderweb.ie
- We will take the ESB and Gas readings and assist with the transfer of same. However it is the responsibility of the owner and tenants to ensure that they receive the relevant bills. Water charges are, by law, payable by the tenant.
- Set up a standing order to arrange payment of rent monthly directly into the owner’s account.
- We will give the tenant all the owner’s relevant contact details should they encounter any problems.
- Approximately one month prior to the tenant’s lease expiring tenants will be contacted to see if they wish to renew and negotiate and draw up new leases where relevant, or endeavor to find another tenant, where relevant.*
- Cost of above total rental income by 6.5% + Vat @ 23%
- Renewal cost 5% + Vat @ 23%*
- Short Term (weeks as opposed to months-) are 10% plus Vat @ 23%
- For a fee of 10% we will act on behalf of the Landlord during the tenancy and deal with queries and requests of the tenant concerning the property. (This does not include managing or overseeing maintenance or refurbishment work) This mainly suits owners with many properties or those who are abroad and have no one locally to look after their property. Such leases are renewed at 6.5% plus vat.
- Owners living abroad must provide an up to date tax clearance cert. or details of an Irish tax collection agent.
- All owners must provide an annual LPT receipt.